Sunday, March 18, 2012

Refinishing Patio Furniture


I Finally Did it Bloggers I redid My Patio Furniture in-time for this Summer!!
As you can Tell this was a Hand me Down patio Set in Green and what was once a Hunter green with burgundy stripe Cushion.. Sun Bleached Ain't it!!  I also have a table That BTW doesn't actually go with this set. Right Beggars can't be choosers hey it worked but now time to make it Mine and ADORABLENESS!!

Soo I washed the cushions in my washing machine only one at a time kids  and I Washed the furniture with a wire Brush and soap.

I Then Painted the chairs with a LOVELY Black spray Rustolium paint in HIGH GLOSS !! SHINY!!!

The I thought about what to do with the Cushions !!! Buy new ones No Im not made of money!!!
Well Then I thought recover!!! again that could be expensive and Really time consuming and eventually I will get a New set !! Red Dye I read that was a bad Idea soo what did that LEAVE ME PAINT!! But I didn't want to get Fabric Paint soo I Bought acrylic paint and Textile MEDIUM!!!

now you mix 1/3 with 2/3 acrylic. As seen Pictured

Then you have to Bake it on now The bottle says IRON But I wasn't really like that method .. Handy Google said you could use the Dryer or the OVEN I might end up giving them a final Seal in the Dryer but to get them dry and ready the first time OVEN

Then I added my Lovely Black Polka DOTS at Randomness and painted the trim BLACK!!! BRILLIANT

Of course you dont have to refinish your furniture in Lady BIG creativity is always appreciated be sure to comment with some pictures of your redone patio furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment