Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Crib or Why do I always Pick a project

The 4 Poster Crib !! I picked up on craigslist it has a matching Armior and is rather adorable However Things I couldn't tell when I looked at my gorgeous crib on craigslist.

1. the dam thing is really tall really really tall
2. The paint is a total redo Sorry You can tell in my camera phone pic but yeah
3. They didn't give me all the parts (I'm losing My mind) hoping that they Find this part and continue the transaction

I'm now at a total Loss and I feel totally Cheated and I'm kinda Over craigslist at the moment!!


So after buying the crib $150
Refinishing cost $50
Teeth bar $50
Getting Parts if the people do not reply Somewhere in the neighbor hood of $50 -$100 dollars

I will look back on this fondly Right Right !!! :/ Annoyed you bet !!

Sad thing is I m totally fallin in love for this crib Besides being totally unique which I do Love I love 4 posters beds It just look soo fancy. It also as you can  tell super tall and Way Big. Its original I have never seen another one. I really don't know a terribly amount about this crib besides its all hardwood very well made.

If this crib does happen to look familiar Let me Know but countless Googles Have led to nothing. I will post this picture when the nursery is Entirely Finished and Im satisfied and between me and my husband everything about this crib will be structurally sound

One day I will stop torturing myself and just get what everyone else  gets till then I'll have too suffer through all my projects and Face palm for Life. yeah refinishing is not cheaper its just a suckers game for people who like punishment. If you have the drive and such then you can truly Have a one of a kind piece and special memories.

As they say on project Runway make it work

No comments:

Post a Comment