Monday, March 5, 2012

Appliqueing For Dummies and the world's Smallest Quilting

I hate that Every time I go Looking for Blogs about appliqueing or Quilting they assume I know what they are talking about like my grandmother sat me down and that we had this amazing heart to heart one sunday after noon about the joys of quilting and there must have been this book that everyone who quilts got and I obviously  Didn't have the book because there are quilters and there are Non Quilters and soo I'm going to tell you about what I learn As I go along and it will be Quilting for the semi-slow to Moderately Brain Damaged.

The First Thing I did and I didn't take Pictures of Me appliqueing was Me making a Burp Cloth For Julia
I printed off the letters and I appliqued them with Heat and BOND nothing else simple Heat and Bond I didn't even go back with a Embroidery Floss My friend asked me how I did this soo I decided to make a Itty bitty tutorial.

You needs some
Fabric this is just scraps
Iron
Scissors
Heat N Bond



Iron With the Pretty Side Up and I prefer to Cut the shape out after wards cause if you cute the shape First then Would you believe that paper will stick to your Iron where there is no fabric between the iron and the heat source Just figured I would share this with the class 


 Because I can't hold a Camera and cut out a Shape What you missed I cut the shape into a heart Sure simple I did not use a template So no judging my work. I still think its Nice I tried

Because Im kind and Have a since of Humor Instead of showing you that I'm perfect I'll show you Im totally Flawed and My machine is NEW!!! and I really haven't played with it >.< But now instead of thinking I can't do that you can now Think I know I can do better then that girl. I hope your now filled with Encouragement


The World's Tiniest Quilts Guess What it gets better and would you believe The last one was the yellow with the Purple heart and look at that stitch work BRILLIANT!!  I also Mini quilted this Soo Now I have a quilted Hankie!! or something Cute Huh :P

Any words of Encouragement are appreciated !! in the comment section Below
Negative Comments will be Deleted

No comments:

Post a Comment