Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pre-Labor

Pre-Labor once upon a time I watched people give birth on television. they would quickly feel terrible, have there water ( Magically Break), and all of a sudden baby was crowning. Like a Pizza Hut pizza in 30 mins Or less that baby was delivered!!! I now say What a crock!!!

I have been experiencing Pre-Labor kids. Something you never saw on those Facts of Life or Full House re-runs. I now realize my expectations for Labor was entirely unrealistic. Keep in mind I knew it would HURT. I'm not completely Special. However For days over a week I would say July 3rd I have been having in and out contractions Painful Painful stuff. I stayed at my friend, Tish's house while we tried to make my Labor move. Called my Husband for support rolled on the ball no baby. Followed by July 4th when we saw the fireworks I had painful contractions but I didn't go to the dr. I just waited

July 6th a quick Dr. Appt and sweeping of the membranes I thought That would start Labor.

Somewhere around July 7th Severe Pain mixed with the losing of my my TMI (mucus plug) I was positive I was in active labor at 3 cm  and 50% effaced with legitimate contractions that were readable on the machine were not close enough together only to send me home.

Now for the past 2-3 days I have been having painful rhythmic contractions. I have a feeling my pelvic bone is literally going to snap in half. I think god is going to make me Soo thankful for the feeling of Labor. While some women are scared and Upset I wont be Because I can't sit in the Labor Limbo for much Longer. I would love to get to the active part then I could set a watch and Say Oh in 10-14 hours this Little girl is going to be here However until then I'm going to sit on my birthing ball Gently Rolling around Waiting for my sweet little girl.

Keep in mind I love her I would do this again. I wish anyone would have told me that this was what would have happened. I found a few medical journals that basically discuss that this is normal which does make me feel better I was starting to feel like a loser. We are soo used to seeing people use pitocin that the idea of someone taking a week or 2 to deliver is unheard of.  Though there are alot of things my body is doing to prepare for Juila its training the uterus, its releasing all the hormones, Its releasing all the relaxtin so the my Pelvis will Open and I'm dilating, effacing and thinning.

I  will say my biggest worry is that I'll labor at home for too long and me and Julia will miss the window for an epidural I didn't really want one but NOW I really really do. I'm also worried I wont get to the Dr. on time have that home birth I always wanted but I'm sure real labor is going to hurt enough to get my attention and then will go to the hospital and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment